Emergency Services Officer (ESO)
About the Role
Risk 2 Solution Medical and Emergency Response is a specialised healthcare, safety, security, and risk company that values the importance of supporting its staff. Join an organisation with a dynamic culture that encourages and supports continuous learning, education, and personal growth. As Australia’s most awarded integrated risk management organisation, career pathway opportunities across various sectors of the business can be achieved.
We are currently seeking Emergency Services Officers (ESO) to join our team in casual positions, with the potential for full-time or permanent roles, in the Bowen Basin Coalfields. Immediate start is available.
Rosters consist of 7 days on, 7 days off with 12-hour shifts. Local staff may be eligible for DIDO opportunities, while FIFO flights from Brisbane include camp accommodation, meals, and company car or car hire provisions.
Mandatory ESO Qualifications:
- Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response and Rescue
- Collect Specimens for Drugs of Abuse Testing (HLTPAT005)
- C Class Open Driver Licence
- Standard 11
- Coal Board Medical
- Medium Rigid Licence (MR) to operate site Fire Truck
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or Enterprise Trainer and Assessor Skill Set
We are particularly interested in candidates who demonstrate:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivation, proactivity, and enthusiasm
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
As an Emergency Services Officer, you will be responsible for:
- Drug & Alcohol Testing
- Facilitating on-boarding for new starters, as needed
- Attending pre-start meetings
- Managing the site mobile phone
- Escorting deliveries (e.g., fuel deliveries)
- Maintaining Emergency Management Equipment (checks, inspections, etc.)
- First Aid Room housekeeping
- Attending HST Team Meetings
- Administrative duties (e.g., handover notes, Drug and Alcohol Register)
- Facilitating training with ERT-volunteers (desirable)
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Danielle Thomasson at 1300 459 970 or email [email protected].
About R2S Medical and Emergency Response
R2S Medical and Emergency Response, part of the Risk 2 Solution Group, is Australia’s most awarded integrated risk experts. We offer unparalleled capability through quality onsite medical support, proactive health and safety programs and emergency response team personnel and support. Specialising in remote health and emergency management and having a passion for looking after people, R2S Medical is also an innovator in the use of medical technology, including telemedicine and mental health crisis management systems.
Recent awards won:
- AFRBoss – 2021 Top 10 Most Innovative Professional Services firm in Australia
- OSPAs – Outstanding Security Consultant of the Year 2021 – Joe Saunders CPP
- IFSEC Global – Group CEO Dr Gavriel Schneider named Top 20 Global Thought Leaders in Fire & Security in 2019, 2020 and 2021. Only Australian to ever feature on this list three times.
- RMIA – Risk Consultant of the Year 2019 – Dr Gavriel Schneider
Risk 2 Solution Group holds the following ISO Certifications:
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems
- ISO 18788:2015 Management System for Private Security Operation
- ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems
- ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems
With over 80 years combined team experience in the areas of medical and emergency response, we understand the challeneges of delivering quality healthcare into remote and challenging environments, and we are in a unique position to be able to offer services to facilitate, value add or bridge any exisiting gaps.