Safety, Well-being & Security Officer
About the Role
Risk 2 Solution Group is a national, Brisbane-based integrated healthcare, safety, security and risk company and we pride ourselves on the high level of support we offer to our clients.
We are experiencing increased demand to supply Security Officers to Clients working in the human services and not for profit space supporting the management of managed accommodation services.
We are currently seeking applications from Security Officers available for an immediate start to fill casual positions at a managed accommodation sites (hostel) in Mackay and Brisbane CBD, QLD.
This role requires maintaining the safety, well-being and security of Client staff, residents, stakeholders, visitors, the general public and protecting Client property and assets.
The roles are currently casual night and weekend shifts with potential to transition into full time and part time roles.
To be successful in these roles applicants will be required to:
- Provide a customer service approach and maintain a fair, courteous and respectful manner in dealing with residents, clients, visitors, stakeholders and the public.
- Take a problem-solving approach to conflict situations and recognise the need to escalate situations to the supervisor, manager emergency services and Client for attention as appropriate.
- Demonstrate good communication skills and be able to handle with tact and diplomacy any confrontations with complex and, trauma affected persons.
- Maintain recording and reporting systems including incident reports, hazard and risk assessments, and daily security logs.
- Demonstrate knowledge and competence in the implementation of emergency procedures.
- Current Queensland security license
- Certificate II in security operations or equivalent
- First Aid & CPR certificate
- Covid-19 vaccinated (fully vaccinated as per Qld Health Directions)
- Proof of right to work in Australia (Birth Certificate, Passport or Visa)
Pay is in accordance with the Security Services Industry Award 2020 (Security Modern Award).
If you are interested and meet the above criteria, please submit an application.
About R2S Security
R2S Security, part of the Risk 2 Solution Group, is Australia’s most awarded security consultancy. We pride ourselves on offering a holistic suite of services to address tactical, operational and strategic risks for our clients that is unmatched by any other Australian provider. Through the strength of our group of companies, we are able to provide truly integrated solutions to the complex challenges of enterprise security in 2022 and beyond.
Recent awards won:
- AFRBoss – 2021 Top 10 Most Innovative Professional Services firm in Australia
- OSPAs – Outstanding Security Consultant of the Year 2021 – Joe Saunders CPP
- IFSEC Global – Group CEO Dr Gavriel Schneider named Top 20 Global Thought Leaders in Fire & Security in 2019, 2020 and 2021. Only Australian to ever feature on this list three times.
- RMIA – Risk Consultant of the Year 2019 – Dr Gavriel Schneider
Risk 2 Solution Group holds the following ISO Certifications:
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems
- ISO 18788:2015 Management System for Private Security Operation
- ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems
- ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems
Moreover, we have provided integrated physical security advisory and protective security solutions for clients throughout Australia, as well as Africa, Europe, USA, and India – providing a holistic approach that encompasses both the physical (i.e., Security asset design) and the procedural (i.e. procedures, culture, and decision making).