Security Awareness Trainer
About the Role
Risk 2 Solution (R2S) is seeking casual Security Awareness Trainers based in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Perth.
You will serve as an instructor and subject matter expert in areas that include security awareness, aggressive behaviour management, identifying escalating behaviour, verbal de-escalation, defensive tactics, and subject restraint and control, handcuffing.
The trainer has responsibility for planning and presenting these subjects and for evaluating training effectiveness to ensure that objectives are met.
R2S are keen to hear from former defence force and law enforcement personnel and any person with a relevant aviation or security background.
R2S is an integrated risk consultancy providing services to the aviation, government and commercial sectors.
- Delivers training sessions consistent with Client requirements, regulatory guidelines and applicable legislation.
- Reviews approved training material, lesson plans, training materials, and instructional methods prior to the beginning of scheduled courses.
- Resolves problems that occur in the preparation for and during training.
- Evaluates training effectiveness to ensure that training objectives are met.
- Reviews and analyzes trainee evaluations and feedback from other Client instructors.
- Identifies need for and assists with revisions to course content and materials or instructional methods as necessary to improve the effectiveness and quality of the training curriculum.
- Provides assistance with practical exercises.
- Submits training records in a timely manner.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative team environment and possess organizational skills.
- Knowledge of aviation operations and security concepts, principles, and practices.
- Ability to provide basic training in the application of protective and personal security.
- Knowledge of security programs, operations, and techniques, including terrorism and anti-terrorism operations.
- Basic knowledge of adult learning principles, course development, classroom and practical instructional presentation methods, and methods for evaluating training effectiveness.
- Basic knowledge of the development and revision of training curriculum.
- Ability to immediately analyse, predict, and preclude situations to ensure training is conducted in a safe manner.
- Skill in oral and written communications to present training.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Relevant security qualifications
About R2S Security
R2S Security, part of the Risk 2 Solution Group, is Australia’s most awarded security consultancy. We pride ourselves on offering a holistic suite of services to address tactical, operational and strategic risks for our clients that is unmatched by any other Australian provider. Through the strength of our group of companies, we are able to provide truly integrated solutions to the complex challenges of enterprise security in 2022 and beyond.
Recent awards won:
- AFRBoss – 2021 Top 10 Most Innovative Professional Services firm in Australia
- OSPAs – Outstanding Security Consultant of the Year 2021 – Joe Saunders CPP
- IFSEC Global – Group CEO Dr Gavriel Schneider named Top 20 Global Thought Leaders in Fire & Security in 2019, 2020 and 2021. Only Australian to ever feature on this list three times.
- RMIA – Risk Consultant of the Year 2019 – Dr Gavriel Schneider
Risk 2 Solution Group holds the following ISO Certifications:
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems
- ISO 18788:2015 Management System for Private Security Operation
- ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems
- ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems
Moreover, we have provided integrated physical security advisory and protective security solutions for clients throughout Australia, as well as Africa, Europe, USA, and India – providing a holistic approach that encompasses both the physical (i.e., Security asset design) and the procedural (i.e. procedures, culture, and decision making).